Friday, January 28, 2011

Assignment 2: Personal Connections



1/28:  I am thinking to focus on the idea of stream of consciousness and abstractness.  Not everything in the world needs to make sense.  Sometimes things don't need to have a complete definition or purpose.  Chaos and disorder are not only a situation but a feeling of confusion and creates the feeling of not understanding where you are going.  This is usually how dreams are.   Word of the day: phantasmagorical

1/29: I am not sure exactly how to simplify my idea of using dream related methods as the constant throughout my work.  But whats the focus of these images and creations? A painting that I believe makes you feel like you are in a dream is this one.  But what should the reoccurring theme be?  Sudden thought, perhaps the feeling of completeness or lack of?  Word Of The Day: Emotion



























1/30: Word of the day: Unknown, mystery, unusual

















1/31: Word of the day: impossible 

 
2/1:  I'm thinking the main idea is being more focused on beauty. However, the sort of beauty seen in some of these images is the same as the beauty in the images of other artists, but they still give you the sense that you are in a dream.  The main similarity amongst all these works is that they create a feeling of the unknown and infinite possibility.  In my video I'm thinking to focus more on the impossible and having an underlying meaning to a dream like state.
2/2: No electricity sucks, but it sure got me some more pictures.  the theme of these are nightmares.  Word of the Day: Fear









2/3: Word of the Day: Randomosity

2/4: Word of the Day: Symbolic Meaning.  These pics weren't taken by me, but the props (mirror and letters) and the setup was my idea so....yeah.  This is from last winter.






4 comments:

  1. Julia -

    I love, love, love your Mystery images. The picture of your brother with the boats reminds me of something the ParkeHarrisons would do. To me, it talks about how we react when confronted by impossible circumstances. Truly fascinating.

    In the image with you and a little girl on the banks of the stream, who is the girl? I get the feeling she is (or at least represents) you as a child. If so, that image speaks to me as a powerful reminder of who we are and where we came from. The river separates past and present, but we can still see across.

    I think with those images alone, you could create two wonderful art videos. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia - Your post titled "Emotions" was interesting. I think "Emotions" is way too broad of a topic... the images feel a bit hodge-podge too.

    The ones that really stood out as having some coherent meaning were the fish and underwater shots. Fill in the blank when I say "being underwater feels like ________________ ."

    ReplyDelete
  3. And finally, I should mention that I am super impressed with your photography. I did not know how much art you made outside of class. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, and in that photo with the little girl and me, it was a pic of me a year ago, and me as a child. Both edited in.

    ReplyDelete